Friday, August 7, 2009

Packing It In






I've been a little sad that summer is almost over and I tried to pack as much into this week as possible. We went to the pool Monday, Tuesday (and the library), and Wednesday, to the zoo on Thursday and to Chuck E Cheese today. Not sure why I'm down about school starting back since mine aren't in school but I just hate to see pool days ending.

Luckily the zoo is open year around and it seems each time we go we get to do something new. This visit we got to watch the sea lion show and we got to feed the giraffes (really I fed the giraffes). Maury was a trooper at the sea lion show... in the middle of the show I left her on the bleachers (bottom one)to quickly grab the diaper bag for a snack for squirmy Carter and was reprimanded by a pushy zoo keeper and not allowed back to my seat!!! I even told him my 2 year old was sitting alone (really only a set of bleachers away) and he would not allow me to go back (it was only a few minutes but STILL)! I discovered after the show when I got to her that she was soaked (I didn't realize our seats were in the splash zone)!

6 comments:

The McDougald Family said...

Hate we missed the zookeeper natzi! Probably a good thing...I may have laughed so hard we would have gotten thrown out. :)

the Jacksons said...

too funny! starting back to school is sort of sad...no matter what! cute pictures!

The Patterson Family said...

Sounds like a fun week!

Leigh Ann said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!....I'm with you...kind of down about school starting and mine don't go until after Labor Day!

odomfamilyfun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
odomfamilyfun said...

Fun, busy week. We try to get everything in even though ours only do a three day a week preschool. I love watching your kids grow as ours are just a year ahead of yours & ours are 14 months apart--I wish mine could be little again (but it is getting easier!).
And yes, I am a blog stalker, but not in a creepy way! We have several mutual friends--just didn't want to wierd you out when I leave comments :)
Oh, and that was mine where the comment was deleted--I tried to go back to fix a spelling error and I am just not sure what happened--okay, so this is not going well! hahah...sorry :)