Friday, August 27, 2010

THE DENTIST

Having fun in the waiting room!
Getting a little nervous......
Carter was finished and waiting on Maury on a tooth stool, he told the dentist "I already did that!"
I've been dreading this day for a while now.  2 kids, 1 mommy, and the dentist.  I talked it up big, read books about the dentist, promised ice cream after, did everything I could think of to make it a positive experience.  Those of you who know me well know how I despise the dentist and Maury is just like me in so many ways including having a fear of the dentist.  This being her third trip I thought maybe she would be okay and it was better than the first two, just a few tears and maybe even a smile when it was all over with.  Carter was excited about going and happy in the waiting room but when they called him back he clung to me for dear life (Maury was hiding behind me crying).  Once they got going he was totally fine and talked and laughed through most of it.  Next time they may even be brave enough to lay on the table instead of sit in my lap!

2 comments:

The Patterson Family said...

Yay!!! I'm so proud and so glad it is over for your sake & theirs! Will C & M please give G & G tips?!?

The McDougald Family said...

Whew, I bet you are glad it's over! Maybe they haven't inherited your phobia of the dentist. :)