Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy!

My birthday this year was almost identical to last year:  VBS, naps for the kids, a trip to the pool, and strawberry cake.  Now that Maury and Carter are at the age where they love birthdays it was really fun listening to all they had to say and the questions asked about my special day.  On the way to VBS it was "Are we going to your birthday Mommy?" and "What kind of birthday are you having Mommy?" and "Where is your cake/candles?".  Carter also added that in addition to the cake and candles he would be buying me a "little piece of chocolate."  Carter must have over heard Maury say I was 31 (she's into numbers and ages) because I heard him tell Owen on the phone "It's Mommy's birthday and she's 81!"  I'm so lucky to have these two to make me smile and make my birthday that much better!

1 comment:

The Patterson Family said...

What a good birthday! There's no better way to spend it than with your kids! :)